If you have any questions, please contact us at
Quick Look Back
- Music became an especially important aspect to our students this past challenging year. We saw such incredible perseverance from our students and teachers to find new ways to keep music alive and active in our lives and in the schools. And though there were many challenges, there was great inspiration and momentum in the Franklin schools to keep music present.
- Last year, music was at risk, not just due to the pandemic, but also due to budget challenges facing the town. Last summer our music and arts community made their voices heard, both students and parents, on the importance of maintaining the level of music programming in our schools. We are so grateful to all that responded to provide heart felt insight into the importance of music.
Ways Franklin Music Boosters Supported Last Year
- The pandemic created hurdles that both teachers and students faced daily to pursue music. But, because of the community’s past and current generosity, the Franklin Music Boosters was ready financially to meet the needs of the music department with special PPE equipment for all FHS and MS ensembles to enable in person rehearsing and performances.
- Franklin Music Boosters was able to quickly pivot our fundraising efforts to be fully online last year using the Givebutter platform. Givebutter became the tool our teachers used to live stream concerts. While the winter concerts were not in person, friends and family members near and far were able to enjoy the performances.
- We retooled our largest fundraisers to connect our music families to our local businesses to foster traffic to those businesses that have supported the FPS Music Programs in the past. We deliberately did not ask for any funding from these businesses this past year. Instead, as a thank you for all the past support, we continued to produce our Concert Ad Book featuring each of the businesses which was given to each music student to bring home to their families.
- Our Calendar Raffle in February, “Bring Love Back to Our Businesses” highlighted the many local businesses in our Franklin Community with donations, purchased gift cards, and additional money awarded to raffle winners.
- Franklin Music Boosters was able to maintain our level of commitment to enrichment for our students by sponsoring over $7,800 in lesson scholarships, $3500 college scholarships, clinicians, and piano accompaniments.
- At the end of the school year, we were finally able to reconnect our FHS music students socially by hosting fun end-of-year events
Looking Forward to 2021-2022
- We are looking forward to in-person concerts! We got a taste of them in the spring which literally brought tears to many eyes.
- We are looking forward to ways as to how Franklin Music Boosters can continue to reconnect our student music community to each other and to the Franklin community at large.
- Franklin Music Boosters will be finding new ways to blend the traditional and the new tools we have learned this past year in future fundraising efforts. We hope what we have learned will make it easier to donate to Franklin Music Boosters.
- We found new ways to connect the student community that is worth repeating. We are looking forward to hosting Ice Cream Truck socials and movie nights this year again.
- We are hopeful we will be able to once again host the Junior CDMMEA Districts right here in Franklin for Spring 2022.
Remember to follow us on Twitter and Facebook!